Trash collection services are provided by Direct Waste Solutions, Inc.. Trash collection days for Harris County MUD 148 residents are Monday and Thursday. Trash must be at the curb in the provided 96 gallon carts, by 7:00 a.m. on collection days. Please place carts within 3 feet of the curb, swale or paved surface of a roadway. Pickup on Monday shall be limited to the waste cart, along with Heavy Trash and excess waste or “overage”. Pickup shall be limited to the waste cart on Thursday.
Items excluded from normal collection are dirt, rocks, bricks, tile, concrete, auto parts, tires, household hazardous waste (paint, oil, household cleaners), medical or electronic waste, waste generated by a private contractor or any materials or items deemed hazardous materials.
For general concerns, such as container repair/replacement or reporting a missed pickup, contact Direct Waste Solutions, Inc. at (713) 635-0800
Set Up New Residential Service
To set up new service please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your address or call (713) 635-0800 to request delivery of a cart.
Trash Can Placement
- Cart handles should be facing away from the street with the wheels touching the curb.
- The cart lid should always be kept shut.
- Please provide a 4-foot radius around your 96-gallon container
Heavy Trash Days
Heavy trash days will be on Mondays. Items included in heavy trash/bulk items are as follows:
- Air Conditioners (Note: All must have certification of Freon reclamation by a licensed technician)
- Water Tanks
- Washing Machines
- Hot Water Heaters
- Large Volumes of Containerized Yard Waste
- Similar Items That Might be Found in or Around the Home
If your regular trash or recycle collection day falls on a holiday (New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day) the collection will be made on the next regularly scheduled pickup day, following the observed holiday.