Directors Election 2020 Notice
THE 2020 DIRECTORS ELECTION HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO NOVEMBER.
Governor Greg Abbott has issued a proclamation to allow political subdivisions to postpone their 2020 local elections.
“I strongly encourage local election officials to take advantage of these waivers and postpone their elections until November,” said Governor Abbott. “Right now, the state’s focus is responding to COVID-19 — including social distancing and avoiding large gatherings. By delaying this election, our local election officials can assist in that effort.”
For more information, download these Press Releases from the Governor’s office (PDFs):
- Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Allowing For Postponement Of Local Elections Set For May 2nd
- Proclamation By The Governor of the State of Texas
Next Directors Election
Election Day: November 3, 2020
Early Voting: October 19 – October 30
- Calvet Shelley
- Charles Randle
- Carmen Atilee
Directors Election 2020
Below are the timelines and legal requirements for the District’s Board of Directors elections. If you have any further questions please contact us here.
The next Directors Election for Harris County Municipal Utility District No.148 will be held on May 2, 2020.
- Calvet Shelley – President – May 7, 2016 / May 2, 2020 – (E)
- Charles Randle – Vice President – May 7, 2016 / May 2, 2020 – (E)
- Bobby Roberson – Secretary – May 5, 2018 / May 7, 2022 – (E)
- Jacqueline McConnell – Assistant Secretary – May 5, 2018 / May 7, 2022 – (E)
- Larry Canon – Treasurer – May 5, 2018 / May 7, 2022 – (E)
First Day to File for General Election Ballot: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Deadline for filing General Election Ballot: Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Election Date: May 2, 2020, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Early Voting: April 20- April 28, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The location of the election will be here (subject to change):
12402 Greensbrook Forest Drive
Houston, Texas 77044
For more information on election dates, visit the Secretary of State website at:
For interested candidates:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. Application for a place on The General Election Ballot can be found on the Texas Secretary of State website at:
To review the General Requirements for Application in its entirety, please see (Texas Election Code 141.031 and Texas Water Code 54.102)
- A US citizen
- Resident citizen of the State of Texas
- Qualified Registered Voter or Own land subject to taxation in the District
- 18 years old
- Not Mentally Incapacitated
- Not Partially Mentally Incapacitated, Without the Right to Vote
- Not Finally Convicted of a Felony, Without Pardon or Release
To review the Disqualification of Directors in its entirety, please see (Texas Water Code 49.052)
- Not related in 3rd degree of affinity (marriage) or consanguinity (blood) to a developer, Director, manager, engineer, attorney or other person providing professional services to the District
- Not an employee of a developer or Director, manager engineer, attorney or other person providing professional services to the District
- Not a developer in the District
- Not serving as attorney, consultant, engineer, manager, architect or other professional capacity for the District or a developer
- Not a party to a contract with the District
- Not a party to a contract with a developer in the District
Candidate Application Filing Location:
Strawn & Richardson, P.C.
6750 West Loop South, Suite 865
Bellaire, Texas 77401-4103